As we wave goodbye to 2020, we can reflect on how the pandemic has affected each and every one of us.
In order to protect our staff, customers and associates, we have taken measures to ensure a safe environment. These include, but are not limited to:
- Enforcing social distancing measures between staff at all times. Everyone at work has a zone that nobody else can enter, and people stick to their zones at all times unless essential. We also keep outside connections to a minimum, and only one member of staff will interact with each regular outsider (such as delivery drivers that come every day.)
- Completely stopping all customer and leisure visits to the nursery grounds. If customers wish to waive their delivery charge by coming to collect their plant, this is done in the car park with masks.
- Sanitising all inbound goods that come to our premises.
- Ensuring all staff are trained in all aspects of the business. This ensures that if one member of staff is feeling sick, they can readily take time off to get a test without fear of jeopardising the business or having to catch up on their work.
- Packing plants in a COVID safe manner. This means just a single member of staff is responsible for each packing area. Staff also wear gloves and will not use their teeth whilst packing with tape.
- Staff working from home if undertaking administrative work or customer care.
Please rest assured that if you are purchasing from us and are worried about COVID, that we take this extremely seriously and have taken the above steps to reduce the risk to an absolute minimum.
We thank you for your understanding at this time, as the situation has caused delays in our supply line as well as how quickly things can be achieved with a socially distanced workforce.
We wish everyone the best of wishes for 2021, and commend the work of all healthcare professionals who have worked tirelessly to bring this period to a close.